Or you can contact us using the following information:
(021) 2001960 - Steenberg branch 22 Military Rd ( off main Rd above the railway line)
(021) 7055034 - Southfield Branch 118 Victoria Rd (at the bridge next to Werda butchery)
- 10 meters
- 20 meters
- For use on heavy duty applications where electrical power is needed.
- Computers and laptops. (Maximum 2)
- Small Sound systems
- Maximum 40m
- Standard lengths 10m and 20m
- For most power tools we recommend that an extension cable with a minimum rating of 15 amps is used (2.5mm).
- Also bear in mind that as the length of the extension cable increases, so does the resistance of the cable, which results in huge voltage drops at the end where the power tools are plugged in! YES, this causes the same problems as undersized Generators, resulting in a burnt out motor.
- Remember a drop in Voltage means an increase in Amps to compensate for the required wattage (AMPS = HEAT)
- A low voltage causes a rapid and enormous increase in operating temperature; about a 40% rise in temperature for every 10% drop in voltage. It stands to reason, even for a non-technical person, that this enormous rise in temperature must cause damage. It burns the insulation on the wire windings in the motor which causes the wires to short and in turn causes the motor or tool to burn out.